March 19, 10 am-4 pm Celebrate spring with a hanami or Cherry Blossom Picnic. Enjoy lunch from one of our Asian-inspired food trucks, take a
March 19, 10 am-4 pm
Celebrate spring with a hanami or Cherry Blossom Picnic. Enjoy lunch from one of our Asian-inspired food trucks, take a guided tour through the Japanese Garden, and participate in traditional crafts and games during one of the most beautiful times at the Garden.
Free with Garden admission.
- KandiKakes and More
- King of Bamboo
- Memphis Mojo Cafe
- Mr.Casas Japanese & Mexican Food
- Rice Burner
- Soi Number 9
- Enjoy a Cherry Blossom cocktail or other spring spirit from our cash bar.
Crafts & Games:
- Kimono doll
- Koi windsocks
- Shodo name writing
- Japanese games
- 901 Taiko demonstration at 10 am
- Tea ceremony demonstration at 11:30 am & 1 pm
- Japanese Garden tours with Robin Howell, curator of the Japanese Garden, at 11 am & 1:30 pm
This event is in partnership with Japan Outreach Initiative, the University of Memphis, and the University of Memphis Japanese Culture Club.
In the event of inclement weather, this event will be canceled. We will post updates on our social media on the day of the event.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm