Rabbits! Call for Entry
25febAll Day09marRabbits! Call for EntryENTRIES DUE MARCH 9
RABBIT INSTALLATIONS CALL FOR ENTRY ENTRIES DUE MARCH 9 – DEADLINE EXTENDED Calling all artists! The Memphis Botanic Garden is currently seeking
RABBIT INSTALLATIONS CALL FOR ENTRY
ENTRIES DUE MARCH 9 – DEADLINE EXTENDED
Calling all artists! The Memphis Botanic Garden is currently seeking artists to submit proposals for rabbit artworks to complement its upcoming Alice in Wonderland-themed exhibition.
At the beginning of the story of Alice in Wonderland, the White Rabbit appears and Alice begins to follow it as it leads her on her adventures. What better way to encourage guests to explore the 96 acre Garden than a rabbit hunt of artistic interpretations of this literary character!
All entries welcome! School, group, or other organization collaborations are welcome!
DON’T BE LATE and submit your proposal today!
- Rabbit installations do NOT need to be Alice in Wonderland themed.
- Rabbit installations can be either one-sided or in the round and can be either 2 or 3 dimensional.
- Rabbit installations should be approximately 39 inches in height for standing pieces or in width for flat sculptures.
- Rabbit installations can be any medium with the understanding that the piece will be outdoors in the elements for eight months.
- Rabbit installations should be able to be secured to the ground or weighted down to prevent damage or theft.
- Memphis Botanic Garden will determine placement of each piece.
- Artists must submit (via the form linked below) artist information, a preliminary sketch or plan and written description of your rabbit installation idea (including medium and dimensions), and a link to your portfolio or select examples of previous work.
- Submissions are due no later than 11:59 pm on March 9. Late submissions will NOT be considered.
- Only submissions made via the form linked below will be accepted. Email, in-person, or other submissions will NOT be considered.
- Jurors will select up to 15 pieces and selected artists will be notified no later than March 11.
- Selected artists must deliver the finished artwork on or before April 22.
- Once selected, artists will receive a contract and upon return of signed contract will be paid a first payment of $150 of a $300 stipend with the remaining $150 paid upon delivery on or before April 22.
- Artists can choose to have their piece for sale while on display with a 30% commission going to Memphis Botanic Garden. Sold pieces must remain on display through December 2022.
- Artwork must remain installed at the Garden for the entire duration of the exhibit.
If you have any questions not covered here, please email Gina Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL AT https://forms.gle/GtBbtzjB4SnDztZF8
February 25 (Friday) - March 9 (Wednesday)